Review: Word-2-Text Converter for the new iPad
In today’s iPad app review we found a new release for the new iPad called Word-2-Text Converter. This app is designed by the German developer infovole GmbH and arrived on the app store a few days ago. This new iPad app can take your Microsoft Word documents and convert them into plain text files for not only viewing on any generation of iPad device but also with the ability to edit.
The Word-2-Text iPad app takes the content of a MS Word document and extracts as plain text so users can import .DOCX- and .DOC files to all common text editors, and notebook apps. This allows you to take full advantage of full-text-search and editing. For example, another great app by this developer is TextKraft and it works seamlessly with Word-2-Text Converter app to allow you to import Word-documents. (screenshots below the break)
Here are some other features mentioned by the developer on the app store:
• Processing Microsoft Word-documents (DOCX & DOC) from any platform.
• Opening Word-documents directly from e-mail attachments.
• Receiving Word-documents from all Apps that can share those.
• Loading Word-documents from Dropbox or iTunes® file sharing.
• Exporting text via clipboard, e-mail text, e-mail attachment, iCloud®, Dropbox or local filesystem.
• Passing on plain text directly to other Apps.
• Variable font size with “pinching”.
• Direct printing with AirPrint™.
What we really like with this new iPad app is the simplicity of just tapping to transfer your Microsoft Word file to your favorite text editor. This new iPad app is a nice addition for your mobile office on your iPad tablet.
This app is available for $1.99 on the iTunes app store.