Movie Mount Case + iPad 2 App by Makayama
Makayama has designed a unique Movie Mount system that also serves as an iPad 2 case. The Makayama Movie Mount turns your iPad 2 into a movie studio and gives you full manual control over video and photo capture from your iPad 2 tablet.
The Movie Mount allows you to attach professional grade peripherals like tele-lenses, wide angle lenses, microphones and lights. The Movie Mount case also attaches to your tri-pod with a standard screwfitting. (Video demo below the break)
This iPad 2 case mount system is an innovative design that is a great case solution for videographers and photographers. This iPad 2 case also works with the Apple Smart Cover. The Movie Mount is also supported by an iPad 2 apps that is free on the app store here. Below are a full list of features:
- Attached a tripod for stable shots, pan & tilt camera movements. Standard screwfitting.
- Use 37 mm conversion lenses, such as wide angle and zoom*.
- Slide on-the-fly between the built-in lens and the conversion lens.
- Use shotgun microphones for better sound (requires splitter cable).
- Use an optical viewfinder to shoot in bright sunlight.
- Use a video light for better performance in low light.
- Easier iMovie editing, with a 9 degrees working angle.
- The mount allows your iPad to stand upright and be used as monitor.
The Makayama Movie Mount iPad 2 accessory is available for pre-order now for $ 69.95 (EUR 49.95) and will start shipping in October.
“What you’re hearing is the Ipad’s built in microphone. It picks up a lot of unwanted noise. And this is the recording with the shotgun mike. You can hear the difference.”
Yeah, but I wouldn’t want to use either one….
Anyone want to vote on how long it would take to get all sorts of crud behind that moveable lens assembly? Now, if they’d come up some kind of shoulder mount/front handles/latte maker Frankenrig for handheld shots, they’d really have something!